While many users are enjoying Windows Phone 7.5 (codename Windows Phone Mango) without any issues, the same cannot be said for a specific number of issues that have cropped up that are leading to user frustration.
The first reported issue is one related to the compass. Due to strict Microsoft chassis requirements, a digital compass is required in all Windows Phone, with full functionality in Mango. However, many users on xda-developers have indicated that the Dell Venue Pro’s compass always reads 100 degrees. On further investigation, xda-developers member MJS indicated that the driver is deleted in the following code:
NkUpdate: Writing the NK partition…
NkUpdate: Successfully wrote the NK partition.
**** Starting IMGFS Update @ 16:46:58 ****
Deleting file compassDrv.dll.
This is not the only device that has issues with their compass. HTC Mozart users also complain of compass issues similar to Dell Venue Pro behavior, and it is difficult to determine whether the driver is deleted throughout the process.
Another issue that is causing some frustration occurs through the SMS interface. When typing a SMS, the actual text field becomes unhighlighted. While the simple solution is tapping to re-highlight the SMS Window, but it is an annoying issue. Personally its happened numerous times.
Finally, LG Optimus 7 users are reporting an issue with the battery meter not updating properly. monwindowsphone has an issue of steps to replicate the issue to determine which devices are affected:
- Get out your phone watch
- Go (in Mango) in the settings, energy saving, and note the current level of battery
- Start a video game or simply use your device to make calls or surf for a while (preferably> 15 min)
- Go back to the power saving settings and note again the battery level. At this point, the battery level should be, if you are affected by the bug, equal to the step 2
- Put your phone in standby
- Get out your phone watch and return immediately under the parameters of power saving: the level was at that time, though fallen.
Have any users reported any of the issues indicated? Let us know!